The Union has an Executive Committee that oversees activities, and five Study Groups that look after specific areas of Technical Activity:
• Airlines – Looks at issues surrounding the insurance/reinsurance of commercial airlines across the world, both the hulls of the aircraft, third party liabilities, and the war and terrorism insurance on these airlines.
• General Aviation - GA covers a huge range of interests, and is probably the largest sector. It covers small privately owned aircraft, flying clubs, up to privately owned fast jets and the rapidly expanding UAV(drone) sector
• Manufacturers, Products and Airports – covers the manufacturers, plus engines and sub systems etc, supplied for aircraft, and the airport operations.
• Legal & Claims – Looks at international legal developments, and their impact on our members’ activities, and claims handling issues across the aerospace sector.
• Space Risks – covers satellite risks post-launch, and is increasingly involved in the development of space tourism and associated risks.