The 76th Annual General Meeting of the Union took place in Charleston South Carolina from 12 to 16 June 2016.
Charleston is home to a major Boeing facility which, since 2011, has been a fabrication, final assembly and delivery centre for the 787 Dreamliner. Charleston is also close to the Head offices of Gulfstream, (based in Savannah, Georgia).
Taking advantage of the location, the opening morning of the event saw Dan Mooney, VP of the Boeing Engineering Design Center in Charleston, giving a presentation on Boeing’s activities in the region, and the development of the operation since it opened.
Later in the morning Randy Gaston, VP of Flight Operations for Gulfstream Aerospace, gave a short overview, and participated in a Q & A session, dealing with pilot training initiatives.
Among other presentations on day two of the event Giles Kavanagh, Holman Fenwick Willan LLP, the Union’s Legal Advisor, provided an outline of current legal issues facing the aerospace sector.
The final day of the AGM included Jo Anderson, Director Space Logistics at Orbital ATK who presented on in-orbit satellite servicing.
Alongside these speakers, the Union’s five class of business Study Groups ran a series of Plenary sessions and Workshops covering a range of current topics relevant to their sectors including:
- Next Generation Navigation & Cyber Threats (MPASG)
- Update on Banks, leasing and contingent exposures (MPASG)
- A look at attritional losses in the GA sector, including causes and thoughts on future trends (GASG)
- An overview of helicopter safety during the downturn in the oil and gas sector (GASG)
- Liability Exposures for Subcomponent Manufacturers and Suppliers (LCSG)
- Accumulations arising from Extreme Weather events (LCSG)
- In-orbit Failures (SRSG)Cyber Threats for Space Systems and Networks (SRSG)
- Airline War Market Overview and Report on Recent Losses (ASG)
- A study of Game Theory in relation to Underwriting (ASG)
The full list of Presentations made during each Study Group Session can be found on the relevant Study Group Page. Union Members can also access all of these presentations from these pages.
During the autumn the Union will reprise some of these presentations as Webinar Sessions open to all employees of Union members.
Go To 2016 Presentations
NOTE: The IUAI AGM is only open to employees of Insuring Members or National Members of the Union. If you would like to enquire about joining the Union, or work for an entity that is eligible for membership, please go to our “Join Us” section.